Location Information: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Benefits: Health, Dental & Financial offered
Relocation is also provided
icejam games is changing the game again. Free-to-play mobile games needs a big new idea and icejam is committed to make it happen with the introduction of evolving mobile games. Founded by former EA Mobile leader, Stuart Duncan, icejam is located in Canada’s mobile games hub in Charlottetown PEI, which provides an ocean front life style in an historic setting.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team of highly experienced industry veterans who are changing the F2P world. This is a key role that will focus on building the platform and client side elements for delivering the next generation of free-to-play mobile games. The successful candidate will be thrilled with the prospect of being part of a team creating something entirely new and being a key contributor to the technical success of the project and the overall success of icejam in the market.
The Software Engineer will be expected to work closely with all groups within the studio including production, designers, artists and developers.
- Work with a small, focused team to help design and build a successful free-to-play game platform for iOS and Android.
- Bring skills to the server team with in depth knowledge of databases, scalable servers, networking and AI.
- Implement both client and server side game features.
- Write and maintain quality, readable code.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to bring our games to life.
- 3+ years experience in C#, ObjC, C++ or Java.
- Passion to create something new with a close-knit team of industry pros.
- Deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns and how to apply them to the problem at hand.
- In-depth experience with mobile game development on iOS or Android.
- Shipped and operated at least two mobile, free-to-play games.
- Understanding of and interest in successful free-to-play game design and development.
- Experience with secure, scalable RESTful API design and development for mobile games.
- Curiosity that drives you to continually learn new things.
- Production experience with Unity.
- Production experience running servers at scale using up to date technologies and platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with database design and scaling.